Linksys RE4000W Setup
Before we get into Linksys RE4000W Setup this extender we should understand a bit about the functions of this Extender. The Linksys RE4000W N600 is compatible with any router or gateway including routers supplied by a service provider.
The Linksys RE4000W Range Extender Setup extends wireless coverage by repeating and redistributing the signal from the router to the far reaches of your home. It also features Crossband technology, allowing wireless bands to receive information on one band and transmit on the other to reduce dropped data packets.
Read the full article in order to install the Linksys Extender Setup.
Linksys RE4000W N600 Setup
Steps for Linksys RE4000W N600 Setup are given below :
- First of all, Plug your RE4000W into the wall electrical socket.
- Place your Linksys RE4000W N600 within the good range of the existing router.
- Now open a browser and type extender.linksys.com or 192.168.1.1 in the address bar.
- It will now prompt you for Username and Password for Linksys N600 Login.
- Continue the Linksys Extender Login with the default password.
- You can change your Linksys RE4000W Setup Network Name.
- Create a Password for your N600 range extender.
- Lastly, register your product by typing your email.
Your Linksys RE4000W N600 Wifi Extender Setup via extender.linksys.com is now complete. If these steps don’t go well for you, contact our expert technicians at +1-800-948-7304.
Linksys Extender Setup RE4000W | WPS
- Plug the Linksys Extender RE4000W into an electrical outlet and turn it on.
- Look for the WPS button on your RE4000W Extender.
- Now Press the WPS button on Linksys N600.
- Press and hold the WPS Button On your exisitng router as well.
- Now wait for the Linksys RE4000W N600 range extender to connect to your router.
You have successfully completed the Linksys Extender Setup for RE4000W using WPS method.
Linksys RE4000W Extender Features
- Firstly it Works with any router or gateway including routers supplied by a service provider
- Each Extender has 2 Fast Ethernet RJ45 Ports that can be used for two wired devices
- Simultaneous Dual-Band: 2.4 and 5 GHz bands reduce traffic and maximize speed. Up to 300Mbps data transfer on each band
- Easy Setup: The installation wizard provides easy installation and directs the optimal placement for Linksys Extender Setup.
- Lastly, it Supports PC/Mac
How to Reset Linksys RE4000W N600?
To reset the Linksys RE4000W N600 to its factory default settings, follow the instructions given below.
Linksys RE4000W Reset Steps:
- Your RE4000W should be plugged in to a power socket.
- Find the reset button and press it for 10 seconds.
- Try power cycling the Linksys N600 RE4000W Wifi Extender for the completion of the process.
- Linksys RE4000W Reset Process is now complete.
- In case you are stuck, just give us a call at +1-800-948-7304.
How to login for Linksys RE4000W Setup?
To login to the Linksys RE4000W Dual-Band Wireless Range Extender you can follow these steps:
- Make sure your Linksys RE4000W N600 is plugged in.
- Ensure that RE4000W is linked to the router.
- Go to 192.168.1.1 in your browser.
- You should be provided with a login prompt for Linksys 4000W Login.
- Enter the default login credentials.
- You’ll be signed in now. If you haven’t already, we suggest changing your default password as soon as possible after logging in.