In a time where no WiFi network is safe, you must safeguard yours. So, if…
Linksys RE6300 Orange Blinking Light
Linksys RE6300 Orange Blinking Light is a common issue Linksys users face while setting up the Linksys Wifi Range Extender or after completing the Linksys RE6300 Setup.
After that, you’ll notice that your house has either a weak or no signal zone. One of the easiest options is to set up a Linksys WiFi extender.
It aids in the transmission of your existing WiFi router signal to new areas. However, we may be confronted with an orange blinking light in our range extender at any moment. Let’s start by figuring out why the orange light is on.
What Are the Causes of Linksys RE6300 Orange Blinking Light?
If your Linksys range extender is having trouble connecting to your modem or WiFi router, try restarting it after a 10-15 second interval. Repeat the process with your WiFi router or modem later. Re-establish the connection between your Linksys range extender and router once your WiFi router or modem is ready to connect.
Linksys Extender Firmware Update: You may have overlooked range extender firmware updates in the past. This may result in a bug, an error, or faulty internal software. As a result, it’s critical to keep your device’s firmware up to date.
Make sure you’re running the most recent firmware version before continuing. If you don’t already have it, you’ll need to download and install it first.
Follow the instructions below to update the firmware on your Linksys WiFi range extender:
- Directly connect your Linksys range extender to your router using an Ethernet cable.
- Using a web browser, navigate to the Linksys smart WiFi log in page by entering the 192.168.1.1 default IP address in the URL address bar.
- On the desktop, security windows will appear, requesting a username and password. Please enter your login credentials.
- On the web-based configuration page, click Firmware Upgrade under Administration.
- Choose a file by tapping on it.
- Select the most recent firmware file and press the Open button.
- Start the upgrade by pressing the Start button.
If the orange blinking light on your Linksys extender persists, contact one of our highly-experienced and talented technical experts.
Resolving the Linksys RE6300 Blinking Orange Light
You may still have problems with the blinking orange light after restarting or updating the firmware. You can repair it by doing a factory reset for Linksys Extender Setup. So let’s focus on this technique.
Warning: With the factory reset settings, all of your customised configuration settings will be completely erased. So, before you do a factory reset, make a backup of all your personalised settings.
- To begin, simply plug in your Linksys range extender and ensure that it is securely plugged into the wall electrical socket.
- Locate the “Reset” button on the side of your Linksys extender device. Either a small button or a pin-size hole reset option is available.
- Simply hold down the “Reset” button. If the hole is the size of a pin, use a paper pin to restore factory settings.
- When all of the LED lights on the range extender begin to blink, pull out the pin and leave the range extender until all of the LED lights have stabilized.