The most common issue reported by people worldwide these days is a Linksys extender connected…
Linksys RE6500 Extender Setup
Install the Linksys RE6500 Setup to boost your Internet wifi connectivity.
If you have any problems when accessing Linksys RE6500 Setup, this page will instruct you on how to set up the Linksys RE6500 Dual-Band WiFi Extender using the configuration wizard. For installation instructions using Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ (WPS).
Welcome to Linksys AC1200 Setup via website extender.linksys.com. Before configuring your range extender, please ensure your Wifi Settings ( SSID / login credentials/security key) are ready
Linksys RE6500 Setup | AC1200
- To setup RE6500 range extender, plug your extender into a wall outlet.
- Turn on your Linksys RE6500 AC1200.
- Go to Wifi Settings.
- Connect with Linksys RE6500 Extender Setup Network.
- After that, type the password to continue the AC1200 Setup process.
- Open any internet browser and visit the extender.linksys.com URL.
- Now login to your Linksys Extender Setup.
- Now the Linksys RE6500 Setup instructions will appear.
- Simply conform to their guidelines for Linksys RE6500 Installation.
Linksys RE6500 Setup using WPS Button | AC1200
Using WPS Method
To setup your Linksys RE6500 using WPS method, follow the steps given below:
- Firstly you need to switch on the Linksys RE6500 AC1200.
- Place the RE6500 and the router is the same room.
- Press the WPS button on the extender.
- Check if the Led lights on RE6500 extender are blinking properly.
- Place the Linksys AC1200 extender in a good location.
- At Last, you are ready to connect wireless devices to the Linksys RE6500 Wifi Extender.
Linksys RE6500 Extender Firmware Upgrade
To update your Linksys RE6500 AC1200 Firmware, follow this steps:
- Firstly, make sure Linksys RE6500 is plugged in to an elecitrical outlet.
- Now make your way to the website extender.linksys.com
- Now login to your extender for AC1200 firmware upgrade.
- Look for Administration option and then select Firmware Upgrade.
- After selecting your latest upgrade click on “Update Now”.
- Check the version of your RE6500 and download it according to your preference.
- After downloading the AC1200 latest version, open and run the file.
- Once done, the Linksys RE6500 Extender firmware is successfully updated.
So this is how the Linksys Extender Setup firmware updates.
How do I connect my Linksys AC1200?
- To connect with Linksys AC1200, plug your extender into the power outlet.
- Then link your computer and RE6500 Extender with an ethernet cable
- Make sure all the LED lights on AC1200 extender are stable.
- Now just visit extender.linksys.com and proceed to Log In.
- Go to the wireless settings and then click on Basic Wireless Settings.
- Click on the manual button and type your Linksys Extender Setup AC1200 SSID name.
- Now go to Wireless Security and enter the WEP key.
- Your AC1200 range extender and router should now be synchronised.
Linksys RE6500 Setup | AC1200 Troubleshooting Steps
Troubleshooting for Linksys RE6500 Setup
Here are several Linksys extender troubleshooting tips for inexperienced users to fix your RE6500 Extender Setup issues:
- Use your laptop to connect to a high-speed internet connection.
- Check to see whether the Linksys RE6500 extender is plugged in and turned on.
- Upgrade the firmware of Linksys AC1200 Extender.
- Keep your extender away from doors, aluminium studs, and other possible sources of intrusion.
- Make sure all of the wires are in good working order.
- During Linksys AC1200 RE6500 login, just use the most recent version of your web browser.
- Powercycle the Linksys AC1200 extender and try setting your extender again.
- If you’ve forgotten or misplaced your default login credentials, look them up in the Linksys RE6500 manual.
- Reset the Linksys RE6500 Wifi Extender.
How do I reset a Linksys RE6500?
- To reset the Linksys RE6500, locate the Reset button on your extender.
- Gently insert a paper clip or pin into the reset hole of your Linksys RE6500 Extender.
- Press the Reset button for atleast 10 seconds.
- To complete the AC1200 reset, power cycle the system.
- Restart your Linksys RE6500 after it has been successfully reset.
How to change the Extended Wireless Settings of the Linksys RE6500 Extender?
To change the Extended Wireless Settings of Linksys RE6500 Wifi Extender, follow the instructions:
- First, ensure that your Linksys RE6500 AC1200 Extender is on.
- Open a web browser and type linksysrangeext.local into the address bar.
- Now look for the Basic Settings Option.
- Now locate the Extended Wireless Settings of the band for Linksys RE6500.
- In the fields given, type your preferred wireless network name and password.
- Enable the SSID Broadcast Option.
- Your Linksys RE6500’s Extended Network Settings have now been updated.