Getting wireless connectivity in all parts of your home can be a really tough job. Moreover, a single wireless router can only provide coverage for a small part of a home. However, if you live in a big house then a single router cannot provide you good coverage.
Hence, some parts of your home will surely lack connectivity. These areas might have coverage but the speed will be extremely low in that area. Otherwise, there will be no connection in that area at all. Therefore, to eradicate that problem completely, you can use the Linksys Velop ac2600 device.
This gadget is a mesh networking device that makes use of mesh technology. This lets you set multiple nodes all over your home and works to eradicate all the dead zones at your home. In this article, you will be guided throughout the process of the Linksys Velop ac2600 setup.
The guide will focus on the working methodology of the Linksys Velop, and the process of building a mesh network throughout your home to enhance the wireless network and make all the zones at your home equipped with wireless connectivity that provides great speed.
But before that, let us have a look at the perquisites you need to do before you continue with the Linksys Velop ac2600 setup.
Now let us jump straight to the process of Linksys Velop ac2600 setup.
Step by step setup instructions: Linksys Velop Ac2600 Setup
Here is the step by step process of Linksys Velop Setup. Make sure that you follow each of the mentioned steps carefully:
- First of all, open the downloaded application and click on the button that says launch setup in the app
- Now give the app access to your location and for that just select the allow button when prompted
- After that, you will be shown a page with terms and conditions and you just need to click on the agree on the button and proceed with the setup
- Now you need to select the type of router that you need to set up. In this case, you are required to select the Linksys Velop system
- After that, you need to select the setup type that you have available to you.
- Now you just need to connect the Linksys Velop node to a power source and click on the button
- Once done, just place your node somewhere in open and proceed with the button again
- Now take an Ethernet cable and connect your modem and the router using it. After that, once again click on the big blue button
- Now everything will be done by your phone I.e. the internet setup will be done automatically
- Now just observe the light on your Linksys Velop device. When it changes to purple, just click on the Next button
- Now create a Linksys Range Extender Setup account by feeding the necessary details and complete the other necessities
And that’s it! Your Linksys Velop ac2600 setup will be completed successfully through these steps.
Requirements before setting up Linksys Velop
In order to proceed with the setup, all you need to have is a smartphone. In your smartphone, you will require to install the Linksys app. You can download that app from the Google play store. Therefore, make these requirements as soon as possible to continue with the setup.
How does the mesh networking in Linksys Velop works?
It is necessary for you to know how the system of mesh networks work before you can continue with the Linksys Velop ac2600 setup. That’s because the better you know about it, the easier the process will be for you.
The basic concept of a mesh network is to have more than one broadcasting point for your wireless network. This lets the wireless network overlap each other and enhance the coverage of your network throughout the home.
Unlike a traditional wireless system, this network is highly different. Usually, the traditional routers attach to the modem of your wireless modem and constitute only a single router. Moreover, the coverage of these routers is highly limited and cannot cover the complete house if it is big enough.
However, mesh networks are very different. A mesh network allows you to include multiple mesh networking devices at your home. There are various types of nodes available such as one primary node that connects with the modem of your internet provider and the other two are the satellite nodes.
The satellite nodes are used for the broadcasting of your wireless network. You can add any number of nodes that you want and it largely depends on the size of your house. Therefore, a bigger house means that you will require a greater number of nodes.
What is the primary node?
The Linksys Velop ac2600 setup is similar to that of a traditional wireless router. Moreover, the setup begins with a primary device. The device is nothing but your wireless router which is connected to the modem. That’s what is known as the primary node. It is then connected to your wireless network. That works exactly the same way as a normal wireless router.
What are the secondary Velop nodes?
The core work is already done when you created your first node and established an internet connection with the wireless network of your house. Now it is time to begin the bigger game. Now you have all the liberty to add up as many nodes as you want.
Therefore, you can easily broadcast your wireless network. Moreover, these multiple nodes also ensure that you will have your whole house covered with the wireless network. However, you need to follow a strategy in order to perfectly place the nodes for the maximum benefits. Moreover, you also need to place them in such a way that they are close enough for communicating with each other.
So that was all about the Linksys Velop systems. We hope that you find this guide extremely helpful and beneficial for you.