The most common issue reported by people worldwide these days is a Linksys extender connected…
Linksys Velop Wi-Fi Mesh Setup
Great, you are looking for Linksys Velop setup process, you are on the right page. In this blog, we will help you to know how you can install or manage your Linksys Velop mesh wifi system.
Steps to setup Linksys Velop:
- You need to grab your cellphone or tablet.
- Now navigate to your play store or the apple store.
- Search for the Linksys Velop app on the app store and download the app.
- Once the app is downloaded you need to install the Velop app on your device.
- Make sure your Velop is all plugged in and powered on before you begin with setup.
- Now when you are on the Linksys Velop app, look for the launch setup option at the bottom.
- Linksys will request permission to use location data in order to function. Allow should be selected.
- You will be asked on the app which device do you want to install, Select Velop there on the given options.
- Now you need to follow the on-screen directions to complete the Linksys Velop setup.
In any case, if you are not able to install your Velop wifi mesh system, you may reach our support via chat or call.
How to setup Linksys Velop extender through a smartphone?
- Firstly, don’t attach the Linksys extender from the electrical socket and take off your main Wi-Fi router.
- Attach the main Wi-Fi extender to the internet port on the node.
- Attach the main Wi-Fi and the node to the electrical socket. Stand by till the LED on the node to go to purple color.
- As soon as the light on the node turns purple, launch up the Linksys app and click on Set up a New Wi-Fi Network option.
- Power on Bluetooth® whether it’s asked. Whenever click on I would rather set it up without the Bluetooth option.
- Look at all the Terms and Conditions, click on Agree option.
- You will be asked for choosing what kind of device you are configuring. Click on the VELOP option.
- Attach in your node, now click on It’s Plugged In option.
- Put the node which you want, click on the Next option.
- When on next webpage, click on It’s In the Open.
- Obey all on-screen steps then tap on It’s Connected.
- Whether the light has beginning to go purple tap on Yes, it’s Blinking Purple. Whether tap on No, It’s Not Blinking Purple for more steps for it.
How to setup Linksys Velop extender via Ethernet cable?
- First of all, you will need to configure your primary node.
- For this process, you should have the Linksys app installed.
- Now, you need a secondary node with the Linksys app.
- When the secondary node gets installed, you can move the Linksys extender to any location, and attach it to the electrical outlet.
- You should attach an Ethernet cable connection with both the secondary and primary nodes.
- We recommend you to use CAT5e or better-rated wires for the same.
- Whether you need to get another node to the Linksys Velop configuration system then all you have to do is to re-attach the second and third points.
- This will mean, you can have a new node by using the Linksys app and put it anywhere you want and turn on your Linksys Velop extender.
- As soon as all the nodes which you want get installed, then attach these nodes via an Ethernet cable.
How to access settings for Linksys Velop Extender?
- Firstly, try to log in with a Linksys Smart Wi-Fi account.
- Open up the Linksys Velop setup app on the mobile phone.
- Enter in the Email-ID which you have registered, by making a Linksys Smart account.
- Then, enter in the login’s password.
- Tap on the login option.
- When you will get the pop-up of the Linksys Velop setup webpage, it will display a list of Linksys Velop advanced settings.
- Finally, user can easily change your Linksys Velop extender system settings.
For more information & troubleshooting:
How to setup Linksys Velop Bridge Mode?
- When you are in bridge mode, Linksys Velop extender is not going to have its own distinct network.
- All the devices and nodes which are attached with the Linksys extender, router, and gateway will be on the network which is not changed. The gadgets can also attach and connect with some more devices inside a similar network.
- As your Linksys Velop’s Setup Bridge settings, always check that you’ve installed the newest version of the Linksys app. Also, with the newest Linksys Velop firmware update done.
- Make sure that the mobile phone on which you have installed the Linksys Velop setup app, is attached to the main Wi-Fi router.
- Now, when you begin with the Linksys Velop Setup Bridge setting, the initial login to the Linksys Velop webpage.
- Tap on the option for the Navigation Menu.
- Then, tap on the Advanced Settings option & then tap on the Internet Settings option.
- You have to select the connection option to Bridge Mode.
- Finally when on Velop bridge mode setup, tap on the Save option.